Arrangements for your papers, accommodation and registration below:
- Papers are 20mins long (maximum)
- All rooms have facilities for showing DVDs, and are equipped with Internet connected PCs running powerpoint (Windows 7)
- All rooms have facility for plugging in your own laptop. Mac users need to bring their own dongle.
- All delegates will have access to wifi on campus – see practicalities below.
1. Travel: please take time to plan your journey: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/aboutus/locationmap/home.aspx
2. The last leg! We are pleased to confirm that we will be running a shuttle bus service from Egham Train station to the campus on the opening day of the conference (19th June) between 8-10am. There will be two buses running shuttle service – please wait in the Egham station car park for the mini bus.
If you are checking in the night before the campus, please report to the HUB to check in (Building 41 in the map below). Check in is from 2pm -10pm. If you arrive later than this, security will still check you in with a reduced service. Rooms will be in the Butler block (building 3 on the map)
For those checking in to on-campus accommodation on the opening day of the conference, this will take place during lunch on Day 1 (separate from the morning registration process). There will be a luggage room available for the first morning and last afternoon of the conference.
4. Early arrivers: For those checking in to on-campus accommodation the night prior to the conference, a reminder that accommodation is bed and breakfast only. On campus dining is available in the HUB or via a short walk to local restaurants in Egham or Englefield Green – please see attached map. Many delegates are arriving before the conference – so do use the twitter hashtag to connect with fellow delegates and arrange a dining party!
5. Registration: Registration will take place in the South Quad of the Founders Building, outside the Main Lecture Theatre. Building 1 in the attached map:
6. Wifi: Wifi will be available on campus with the following credentials:
user id: celebstudies
7.Facilities: There is a small shop on campus selling newspapers, drinks etc. There is also a cash machine, laundrette and gym on campus.
8. Twitter: Excited yet?! share your views and news with the hashtag: #celebstudies